Monday, February 16, 2009

Networking: Live Event about to turn Las Vegas Business World Around.

I’m speaking at a Great Networking event and was wondering what you think:

1. Are Live events fading away with Social Media growing so rapidly?
2. Is Social Media bringing people closer together or giving us an excuse not to meet face to face?
3. Does using Social Media actually help you increase your income and maybe therefor, your chance to get out to live events more (seminars, lunches, or coffee with a friend)?

At This event we actually develop relationships, not just pass leads. At this event people are actually coached on how to netowrk and grow their referral business.

The organizers are Kathlyn and JR Jaramillo. They, like me, insist on giving and giving not on getting. They are much more laid back than many of the referral groups that actually penalize you if you don’t abide by their rules. I just don’t get how people are happy paying fines to a group if they don’t refer enough people!

Think about it, would you give names just to not pay a fine? Are they really qualified leads?

What Kathlyn and JR have done is actually set up a reward system when you attend…Hmmmm? So I can go to meet business owners and professionals, network, have a great meal, build relationships, and yes get leads…AND get rewarded for doing that?

Is this the New Business Model for networking events?

Basic NLP and psychology tells you people will do more to avoid pain than to gain pleasure…Do I want to be even more stressed worrying about fines if I don’t have referrals? Well first of all, if I give a referral, I want that person to be ready to meet the business person. I give only Quality leads. Now if I’ve only been to a event or 2 and I barely know anybody at a once in a while meeting, how do I comfortably refer?

Oh Yea, here’s how Las Vegas is about to be changed by networking: Education…Support…actually developing a feeling of community and family with the people you do business with. I Know, I know everyone claims that’s what they intend for their groups…and I really do believe that they intend to do that, but…and that could be a really Big BUT…What do they do different?

It seems like the 24 events I went to all had a 10 minute presentation from a business person…cool I like that and I get to understand you better if that’s you. That is one form of education. This group I’m talking about is going to hold an additional 10 minute presentation every so often too.

What is the additional speaker discussing?

How To Grow Your Business! It is affectionately called a Jump Start Program: The 10 Minute Income Accelerator Series

So even if you don’t get a lead or 2, you still will walk away with a page of notes on how to Increase Your Income before the next meeting.

Pretty simple, and something I do with all my Mastermind/Networking groups I organize, but I never saw it on a regular basis. That’s all about to change, and with the sense of a “Real Community”, rewards, and a great push to help everyone get to personally know everone else in the group (Lined up with the Economic Earthquake we as a Nation are struggling with) you will most likely see this group skyrocket in membership.

Want to Know how to Register for an event? Go Here:

http://www.bizpacknetworks.com/id65.html

Or register on above for blog updates above (The Little Yellow Box) and you’ll get an abundance of quality mentoring and comunity building from Jump Start Jim Posts and from My live Income Accelerator Series here in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment